mercredi 28 janvier 2009

Food of the Gods...

.
Mangoes are considered in some cultures to be a food of the gods,
and in my opinion one of the best fruits in the world.
Smooth, juicy, and utterly delicious,
eating a ripe mango is an experience to relish...
.
IImages: flickr
.
No other fruit evokes the tropics quite like the mango...
I prefer them fresh off the tree, however,
I do know many many people who adore both
mango jam and mango sorbet
- both easy to make and delicious to eat...
.
Mango jam recipe here
Mango sorbet recipe here
.
BON APPETIT..!
.
Do let me know how you get on, if you try out these recipes
- they can both be made with fresh, tinned or frozen mangoes.

9 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

hello
i agree!
but… i can see no link under the mango sorbet ;)

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more a dit…

auntie jo, thanks for pointing out my error - should be OK now..!
Hope your week's going well..:)

Maya Mame a dit…

Mmmmm,I love mangoes and as I read on my mouth is watering! Love mango sorbet, but have never tried to make it myself. But of course, with a few sweet mangoes, just mashing them up and letting them freeze for a few hours, makes an all natural sorbet!

Dutchbaby a dit…

I agree, mangoes are a fantastic fruit. I have fond memories of eating many different varieties of mangoes in Indonesia as a young child, then longing for them through my elementary school years in Amsterdam, and then rejoicing when I was reunited with them in California.

l'air du temps a dit…

mangos and figs do it for me. there's something about these fruits that's so luxurious...

Callie Grayson a dit…

if i bought mangos, they wouldn't make it to the recipe stage!!! i would have eaten them all up first!!!
I love them!!!!

Shashi Nayagam a dit…

Oh these do remind me of my childhood when we would go into the jungle and pluck these little mangoes and sucked their sweet necter from them. We loooved the summer months when these mangoes were in abundance in the jungles.

Sherri a dit…

I can't wait for March/April - the blessed season of the Indian Mango. Please tell me you've tried them? They surpass all mangoes!

montague a dit…

i love mangoes so...!