mercredi 1 octobre 2008

Beauté d'ailleurs...

.
I've always loved Saris (or Sarees)
- comfortable to wear, so elegant, such a wide variety
of fabrics and designs...
- sadly, I don't get to wear mine as often as I'd like
(it's only October and we've just had a hailstorm..!)
but as I also love admiring them on others, whenever I've time
I take a wander in the direction of:
Saree Dreams :
a beautiful blog about the latest sari designs
and sari blouse designs...
.
Photo: Saree Dreams
.
An old sari ad from the past...
probably around 1950-60,
as that was the time when most cities in India
had 4 digit phone numbers ...


Photo: O. Föllmi
.
My favourites are when there are
no catwalks, no glamorous models, glossy magazines
just regular beautiful people in saris...
. .

Photo: Saree Dreams
.
I find these pictures more touching and more beautiful than
any of bollywood stars;.
.
Photo: IndiaDailyLife
..
the saris are just as beautiful, if not more so, than any sari
that a designer ever created...
.

Photo: Saree Dreams

5 commentaires:

dee a dit…

These photos are so colorful and gorgeous!

Sari a dit…

Thanks for the site. I have been in love with sari/saree for years.

High Desert Diva a dit…

Last year we moved to Central Oregon's High Desert. I am not a fan of hot weather, but needed to find a way to survive the summer. I purchased 6 saris. Best thing I've ever done! So cool & comfortable... not to mention beautiful.

salwar a dit…

This is a beautiful picture..

Ingrid a dit…

Thank yyou for sharing