lundi 27 octobre 2008

Here Today...

.
i believe...
.
My favourite *weathercock overlooking the orchard...

i believe in dreaming BIG but still being content
to live small...
.
i believe that knowledge is an end in itself;
not just a step in the pursuit of the almighty
dollar/euro/pound...

i believe that if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing well...

i believe that actions speak louder than words...

i believe that my love of food, (sourcing, cooking, experimenting, eating...)
most certainly stems from my African childhood...
.
i believe that every ending is simply
a new beginning...

i believe the opposite of religious belief is not atheism or secularism
or even humanism.
It is not an ‘ism’ - it is independence of mind, that’s all...
.
i believe discretion is the better part of valor...

i believe men are like wine: some turn to vinegar,
but the best improve with age..!


I'd love to know what you believe..?
* I just love quirky weathercocks - this one is placed on my roof terrace...

6 commentaires:

Amy a dit…

Thank you for compiling all those wonderful quotes - I'm feeling inspired to sit down and write now.

l'air du temps a dit…

what a wonderful collection of wisdom. this is a gift. i especially like the one about parents giving their children roots and wings. this one hits close to the heart for me.

merci beaucoup!

Shashi Nayagam a dit…

Thank you for sharing these lovely quotes.

Callie Grayson a dit…

beautiful post!
I will need to think about this, if i may steal your idea i would like to post a list too.

callie

Esti a dit…

Each thought or beief of yours has resounded deeply in my mind. Thanks for sharing, about children, religion, marriage... It moved me.

littlebyrd a dit…

This is a perfect list of quotes. So many resounded with me and I love the one about dreaming big and living small - love, love, love that! Beautiful.