lundi 1 décembre 2008

Weekend Sportif et Gourmand...

.
It was sunny, extremely cold and windy
Snow conditions were just great
Traffic conditions were not
I can still hear the wind whistling in my ears...
.

.It was the last weekend of November
We enjoyed an excellent "après-ski" evening with family
and friends
.
Fondue Savoyarde
.
Our first fondue of the season was a success
The great food, wine,open fire and music
really warmed
us all up...
Weekends really are far too short
- as I write this, reliving the weekend,
I can hear the crackling sound of logs burning
in the open fireplace, the laughter...
.
Fondue Recipe

Ingredients :
.
12 oz Emmental cheese, grated
12 oz Beaufort cheese, grated
12 oz Gruyere cheese grated
6 glasses dry white wine (from Savoy if possible)
1/2 glass kirsch liqueur
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
white pepper
1 or 2 loaves French bread
1 egg (optional)
.
On the day before or the morning of the meal, cube the bread,
and leave it out to let it dry a little.
Rub the bottom and sides of an earthenware pot or
cast iron saucepan with the garlic.
Pour wine into pot and place on stove over medium-high heat.
Bring wine to boil, add cheese and stir slowly with a wooden spoon.
Before cheese is fully melted, take pot off the stove and place
on a lighted fondue burner.
Season with pepper and add kirsch while stirring.
Once cheese has entirely melted, serve with bread on fondue forks,
stirring occasionally.
If cheese bubbles rapidly, turn down heat.
(the next stage is optional...)
When cheese is almost gone (maybe 3/4 cup left), break a raw egg
into the pot and stir rapidly with the cheese.
After a minute, add remaining bread into pot and stir together
with cheese and egg.
Then turn off the burner and enjoy what's left
.
BON APPETIT !
.

10 commentaires:

Jessica a dit…

It was you Birthday?! :) If it was, I hope you had a happy one! This recipe looks so good! omg-just ate lunch, but I'm so hungry.

Carol a dit…

What a lovley wayn to spend time with family and friends . I have never tried a cheese fondu, it sounds delicious.
Carol xxx

The Daily Connoisseur a dit…

Oh I LOVE fondue- and now have an intense craving for it!

Leciawp a dit…

This looks delicious - I'll have to try it. I love fondue, but have never made it myself.

Callie Grayson a dit…

sounds like you had an amazing time! and thank you for the fondue recipe. yummy!
i love cheese fondue. I have a funny story about beef fondue but for another time......just say there was a huge fire ball in the making of the fondue and my room mate had greasy hair for days!

callie

l'air du temps a dit…

sounds like a perfect weekend. i adore the sound of wood crackling in the fire place...

Unknown a dit…

you make me long for a real winter... we are planning one for next december. i can't wait.

Shashi Nayagam a dit…

You know just looking at the pictures I am transported to the snow clad mountains and then warmed up with that lovely food mmmm sounds delicious.
Glad you had a lovely weekend

High Desert Diva a dit…

Mmmmm....I haven't had fondue in years!

Jazz a dit…

Mmmm how I look forward to the first fondue or raclette of the season.