mercredi 1 juillet 2009

Why oh Why...

" I love Africa?

photo credits

Because we are all related.

All Africans are brothers and sisters


wherever you are from in Africa, we are related.

In Africa if you are from the same house

- you are related,

from the same village
- you are related;

from the same country

- you are related.

Even from the same regional grouping like west,
east, north and southern Africa

- we are related

- as long as you are an African,

we are all related.

We refer to each other as brother and sister in Africa.

We do not have cousin or nieces

- all we have are brothers and sisters.

That is why I love Africa..."

Jonathan Tommy,
Sierra Leone

12 commentaires:

Shashi Nayagam a dit…

I love this post and what a wonderful way of looking at others.

Callie Grayson a dit…

what an amazingly beautiful photograph! look at their beautiful smiling faces!!! and the wonderful, colourful textiles all around.
makes my heart smile:)

Nana Yaw Asiedu a dit…

Awwwww, i wanted to say something, but Shashi Nayagam has said them all!

Poetikat a dit…

It sounds like a wonderful place from which to originate.


Callie Grayson a dit…

miss you!
I will be posting my front door soon:) the welcome sign is perfect.... I am waiting for a plaque I ordered with my house name on it to post the whole front... so soon:)

l'air du temps a dit…

the foto and idea of brother and sister is divine!

A Cuban In London a dit…

Beautifully written.

Greetings from London.

Yayemarie a dit…

nice post and picture:)
he's rite we are all so related

sinnlighet a dit…

You and your blog are amazing!! Thank you!

Agneta from Sweden

bindhiya a dit…


Please stop by..i give you an award..
♥ & ((hugs))

Kichu $ Chinnu | കിച്ചു $ ചിന്നു a dit…

great shot!!

Mrs O a dit…

I love this. Very inspirational xxx